Our Language Services
Our alumnae are available for hire for your assignments in the medical field, in community forums, educational meetings, and many other events.
To empower women towards economic security, our organization pays industry-standard rates plus travel to our alumnae interpreters as well as additional childcare and transportation costs on an as-needed basis. We also cover all the necessary insurance costs. Any additional income from our interpreting and translation services feeds back into the program so we can continue to offer our medical interpreter training at no cost to participants.
Interpreting (spoken word)
- In-person and remote interpreting (via phone, Zoom, or other video conference platforms)
- Consecutive and simultaneous interpreting
- One-on-one meetings, small groups, and events
- Recurring meetings and as-needed
- For medical, social services, community, legal, educational, and other fields
- Hourly rates with a 15-minute minimum for remote assignments and 2-hour minimum for in-person
- Special rates for nonprofit and grassroots organizations
Translation (written word)
- Flyers, notices, forms, blog posts, and other documents
- All documents are translated and proofread
- For medical, social services, community, educational, and other fields
- Rate calculated by word, with a 250-word minimum
Please note: At this time, we cannot translate most legal documents, long-form text (such as full books), or documents with highly technical or specialized language. Please contact us at [email protected] for specific questions about your documents and to get a quote for services.
Not sure what services you need?
Have a special project with other language needs? We have experience providing other services such as consulting and leading focus groups in different languages. Contact us to discuss your needs. We're excited to hear about your project and see how we can help!
Let everyone's voice be heard
Please contact us today to request an Interpreter or Translator. We have special pricing for grassroots and nonprofit organizations.
Why use Found in Translation for your language access needs?
Contribute to Our Mission
By partnering with us, you do more than simply purchase language services. Partnering organizations bring language access to the community and support our two-part mission.
Your organization can feel good about partnering with us, knowing we are:
- Mission-driven: Your business supports our mission to give low-income, bilingual women the opportunity to achieve economic security through use of their language skills, as well as to fight ethnic, racial, and linguistic disparities in healthcare and other fields.
- Local: We are based in Dorchester and especially value our local partnerships that allow us to bring language accessibility to our community.
- Woman-founded and women-led: Our founder and current leadership are women, and our staff and faculty are representative of the identities and lived experiences of the women we serve.
Our Interpreters are Dedicated
As graduates of our rigorous and highly selective program, our interpreters are devoted to bridging divides between people, fostering community, and have joined us in our mission to reduce ethnic, racial, and linguistic disparities in health care. We contribute to our graduates' success through employment by way of our interpreter assignments.
Our Interpreters are Experienced
Found in Translation interpreters receive over 100 hours of in-person instruction towards a certificate of Medical Interpreter Training. Our interpreters have been trained in accordance with National Standards for Medical Interpretation and abide by the Code of Ethics for Interpreters in Health Care, adopted from the National Council on Interpreting in Healthcare (NCIHC). They are familiar with interpreting equipment and the three different modes of interpretation: consecutive, simultaneous, and sight translation.
While trained as medical interpreters, many of our graduates are also experienced interpreters in the following fields:
- Mental Health
- Community Interpreting
- and more!
Our Interpreters are Linguistically Diverse
Collectively, our 300+ graduates interpret over 38 languages. Languages currently available for assignments include:
Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Bangla/Bengali, Cape Verdean Creole, Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, Dari, French, Haitian Creole, Hindi, Khmer, Korean, Nepali, Portuguese, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese, and Xhosa.
(Updated November 2023)
Don’t see the language you need listed here? We are constantly training new interpreters, so please reach out to us to inquire.
We Care About Your Goals and Your Needs
Whether you’re new to working with interpreters and translators or are looking to expand the services you offer, we are excited about partnering with you! We enjoy working with organizations new to offering language services, and we are committed to understanding your needs and ensuring that you understand your options and our services.