Apply today for our upcoming programs!
Step by Step Instructions for Accessing the Application
- Click the link below to access our portal. We highly encourage using a laptop or computer to fill out the application, rather than a mobile phone.
- Answer our eligibility questions. If you are eligible, a button will appear at the bottom for you to apply.
- You will be taken to the Application Portal Login Page. If you have not already, create an account. Please note, this is NOT the application.
- Enter your first and last name, email and phone number, and click ‘Create my Account’.
- You will be taken back to the Application Portal Login Page. YOU MUST THEN SIGN IN WITH YOUR EMAIL TO FIND THE APPLICATION.
- You will be asked for a verification code that will be sent to your account email. We use two-factor authentication to protect your privacy. Enter the verification code within five minutes.
- If you do not receive a code, or it is no longer valid when you enter, please hit ‘Resend the Code’ for a new one.
- Fill out the application. Everything with an asterisk * is required, and you will not be able to submit without filling out those fields.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted your application, you will get a notification that your application is submitted. Please hit ‘Done’ and you’ll be taken back to the eligibility questions.
- You will also get an automated email from Found in Translation stating that your application has been received.
- If you do not receive this email, please double check your spam folder and other inboxes. If you do not get a submission confirmation, the application may not have reached us.
- Please save or archive this email for future reference.
Scroll down for Application Details and Tips.
Helpful Tips for Completing Your Application
You must submit the application in one sitting.
- If you exit the page or close this window before submitting, your information will not be saved.
- We highly recommend that you fill out your application on a computer so that you do not miss any sections, and to ensure that it’s submitted properly.
- Each section will have instructions at the top. Please follow them carefully.
Apply on a computer with strong internet connection
Our application is currently not mobile-friendly and weak internet (ex. using data instead of wifi) may lead to submission errors.
Click the year to change the year, then scroll through the months to find the date.
We recommend writing your essay in a separate document, and copying and pasting it into the application. Here is the essay question:
Please tell us about yourself, your background, and your future aspirations/goals. What led you to apply for this program, and why is this a good time for you to pursue this program?
Please select BOTH English and your other language(s), for each question (speaking, reading and writing).
- When you are describing where and when you learned these languages, it’s best to format it like this → English - Lived in the US for 20 years, Spanish - Spoken at home all my life, French - Learned in school, etc.
If you have a current paid job, you must fill in the information for your workplace, position and wages.
- If you clicked on ‘Yes’ by accident, there is a button to ‘Delete this position’ at the bottom of the section, or you can go back to click ‘No’ on the question.
- If you have multiple current paid jobs, there is a button to ‘Add another position’ at the bottom of the section.
Previous Work Experience
For past employment we do not require wage information, only position and details. There is a button to ‘Delete this position’ or ‘Add another position’ if you need to.
Please fill out information about each household member, including spouse, children and other dependents.
- If a household member is currently employed, please check the box. A section will appear for their monthly income. This is required to determine your eligibility based on income.
Housing & Benefits
Please select all that apply from the dropdown list. You will need to click the dropdown multiple times to add multiple benefits.
We DO NOT make decisions about your application based on these questions. They are for data purposes only, and though all questions are required, please do not hesitate to select ‘Prefer not to say’ if you’re not comfortable sharing this information with us.
Please check our website for course dates and make sure you’re available during the full length of the course. We have Fall and Spring courses available.
Congratulations on finishing your application!
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.