To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Kelly Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27th.
- Part Time, 20 hours/week at $25/hr
- Temporarily Remote, work must be performed in or near Boston, MA
- Competitive pro-rated benefits package including generous paid time off, 401(k), transportation benefit and more.
The Interpreting and Translation Coordinator provides administrative, marketing and customer service support for Found in Translation’s fee-for-service Interpreting and Translation Services job placement operations.
The ideal candidate can transition seamlessly between a variety of tasks such as coordinating interpreters, supporting the professional growth of alumnae in job placement, following up on quality and customer satisfaction, marketing and outreach to cultivate new partnerships, and stewarding existing relationships.
This is a part-time (20 hrs/wk), hourly position reporting to the Program Director of Career Advancement. Some evening and weekend availability is required. This position is currently remote, but will eventually require in person availability at our Dorchester office.
- Coordinates provision of Interpreting and Translation Services. Serves as the first point of contact with clients and connects interpreters and translators with assignments.
- Collaborates with the program team to support interpreters and translators in job placement.
- Provides technical support to interpreters, translators, and clients for assignments as needed.
- Maintains calendar of assignments. Oversees invoicing and record keeping responsibilities for interpreting and translation assignments and generates regular reports.
- Supports growth of Interpreting and Translation Services through targeted marketing efforts and by cultivating relationships with client organizations.
- A genuine resonance with and commitment to our mission.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience, including knowledge of one or more of the key areas of the function (service coordination, customer service, marketing, community outreach)
- The ability to forge strong, professional relationships with program participants from diverse backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills. Ability to present possible solutions to supervisor.
- Familiarity with Google Docs/Google Apps and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required.
- Preferred: familiarity with the medical interpreting profession. Education in business, marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
Found in Translation is committed to building a culturally diverse staff to represent the populations we serve. People of color, women, immigrants, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.