How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Renée Metelus at email@example.com
The Development Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support to Found in Translation’s individual giving (grassroots and major), grant funding, events and corporate sponsorship revenue streams. This is a full time hourly position ( 40 hours a week) reporting to the Impact Director. The position is currently remote, and will eventually require in-person presence in our office in Dorchester. The work setting is a small, shared, office on a team that
values a diversity of experience and background, and a strong commitment to racial and gender justice.
Starting rate is $20 – $21/hr, depending on experience.
Full range is $20-$24/hr, depending on performance.
Competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision,
Short Term Disability, Life insurance 401(k), and more.
● Produce timely acknowledgements for philanthropic contributions received, and manage storage of contribution back up.
● Accurately input contributions in Google Sheets/Salesforce database, including appropriately recording the donor information, source of the gift, and relevant gift details.
● Maintain a high level of data quality, including identifying and correcting inconsistencies, potential duplicate records and other errors. Update contact information on an ongoing basis.
● Maintain the development team’s supply of materials like stationery and postage stamps. Assist with logistics of mailing campaigns.
Corporate Sponsorship and Events
● Conduct corporate sponsorship outreach for Found in Translation fundraising events. Provide administrative support around sponsor recognition efforts.
● Correspond with funders and potential funders while representing the organization in a professional manner.
● Support collateral and video creation for events as needed.
● Assist with fundraising events by creating online and print materials, ordering supplies and providing day-of support.
● Lead volunteer appreciation efforts. Collaborate with the program team to collect and maintain volunteer data.
● Conduct research and draft narrative for external messaging, including press releases, reports and newsletters, and contributions to the alumnae story bank, as needed.
● Liaise between program and development teams as necessary to coordinate staff and alumnae participation in site visits and media communications.
● Support implementation of donor and contact data clean up efforts in preparation for Salesforce transition and streamlined communications.
● Support external communications, including social media and individual giving campaigns, through formatting, design and content generation.
● Genuine resonance with and commitment to our mission
● Strong writing, research and organizational skills
● Previous successful administrative experience preferred
● Prior fundraising experience in a job, internship, or volunteer role a plus
● Ability to maintain high level of data integrity and donor confidentiality
● Problem solving skills and ability to present possible solutions to supervisor
● Familiarity with Google Docs/Google Apps and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint) is required
● Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
Found in Translation is committed to building a culturally diverse staff to represent the populations we serve. People of color, women, immigrants, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.