How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Renée Metelus by June 2nd at email@example.com
The Data and Development Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support to Found in Translation’s fundraising and data management efforts. This is a part time, hourly position (20 hours a week) reporting to the Impact Director, and working closely with the Data Manager. The position is currently primarily remote due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, though in-person work opportunities at our office in Dorchester are available for interested staff, and are occasionally required depending on position responsibilities. We will continue to monitor the virus to determine when it is safe to have all staff return to the office in some capacity, but will continue to support hybrid schedules. The work environment is a small, collaborative team that values a diversity of experience and background, and a strong commitment to racial and gender justice.
Starting rate is $20 – $21/hr, depending on experience.
Full range is $20-$24/hr, depending on performance.
Competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, phone stipend, Short Term Disability, Life insurance, 401(k), and more.
- Support Data Manager in maintaining outcome surveys database, including efficiently tracking and recording survey responses, and organizing data into tables and charts.
- Provides support on special evaluation project initiatives.
- Accurately input contributions in Salesforce database, including appropriately recording the donor information, source of the gift, and relevant gift details.
- Maintain a high level of data quality, including identifying and correcting inconsistencies, potential duplicate records and other errors. Update contact information on an ongoing basis.
- Support implementation of donor and contact data clean up efforts in preparation for Salesforce transition and streamlined communications.
- Produce timely acknowledgements for philanthropic contributions received, and manage storage of contribution back up.
- Support Impact Director in corporate sponsorship and logistics efforts for Found in Translation fundraising events and mailing campaigns.
- Maintain the development team’s supply of materials like stationery and postage stamps.
- Genuine resonance with and commitment to our mission
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills
- Previous successful administrative experience preferred
- Prior fundraising experience in a job, internship, or volunteer role a plus
- Prior data related experience in a job, internship, or volunteer role a plus
- Ability to maintain high level of data integrity and donor confidentiality
- Problem solving skills and ability to present possible solutions to supervisor
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Sheets/other Google Apps and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) is required. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
Found in Translation is committed to building a culturally diverse staff to represent the populations we serve. People of color, women, immigrants, people with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.